Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with the BrewTogether community around the world!

Forums Brewing Equipment Forum Keezer fan

• Posted by Peter on December 23, 2019 at 7:49 pm

Those that have fans in your keezer do you have them wired in where the temp controller kicks them on and off. Or do you just always have them on?

Jake Bell replied 4 years, 3 months ago 7 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • John

Administrator
    December 23, 2019 at 8:20 pm

I used an old computer fan and a leftover 12v adapter and it’s always on.It doesn’t use much power and they’re so cheap that I don’t care if it dies I’ll just replace it.

• Jim

December 23, 2019 at 8:21 pm

Computer fan plugged into the cold side of the inkbird temp controller. When the inkbird kicks the freezer on, it turns the fan on too.

• Peter

December 23, 2019 at 8:23 pm

Is it always on on purpose or because its easier to just plug it in? Thinking about tapping into the 120 v of the freezer and then running a 12v adapter up so there is only one plug for the keezer.

• William

December 23, 2019 at 8:24 pm

Another vote for always on. It’s been running for over two years almost non-stop without issue

• Arthur Reed

December 23, 2019 at 8:24 pm

Always on. Mine is a 120v muffin fan wired into a switch.

• Amanda Parker

December 23, 2019 at 11:48 pm

Always on, air circulation will help with condensation.

• Jake Bell

December 24, 2019 at 1:21 pm

Always on so there is no temperature stratification and the temperature probe is always reading a correct temperature so the inkbird turns on at the correct temperature.