Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with the BrewTogether community around the world!

Forums General Brewing Forum Gluten Free Beer?

• Gluten Free Beer?

Posted by Nick on November 18, 2021 at 9:21 pm

Has anyone made a gluten free beer? I had a request from someone who is gluten intolerant and was wondering if I could make one for him. I’ve never tried to make one and was wondering if any of you have. Thanks in advance!

Jack Campbell replied 8 months, 4 weeks ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Brad Mercer

October 23, 2022 at 5:04 pm

Apparently not, since you’ve been listening to crickets since last year. any luck finding a kit or a recipe? I now have a couple family members who have celiac disease and i’d like to brew a gluten free one for them that doesn’t suck.

• Nick

October 23, 2022 at 5:24 pm

Haha! You’re right on that account. I have yet to find a recipe that looks worth trying, but I’m still scouring the forums to try and find one. I’ll reply again if I get lucky.

• Shawn

July 7, 2023 at 6:04 am

I recently had a request from a friend who’s gluten intolerant, asking if I could make a gluten-free beer. I had never tried it before, but I thought, why not give it a shot?

• Shawn

July 7, 2023 at 6:07 am

brewed a basic ale using 2-row, carafoam, and wheat flakes, and during the last 10 minutes of the boil, I threw in the coconut for that tropical twist. For an extra kick, I added some lime zest during fermentation. The result? A refreshing, coconutty, and zesty beer that tasted like a beach vacation.

• Jack Campbell

July 12, 2023 at 2:58 pm

Would this be gluten free? I think the grains you used all have gluten, right?