Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with the BrewTogether community around the world!

Forums Brewing Equipment Forum BrewZilla or Anvil Foundry?

• John

Administrator
    April 14, 2021 at 10:56 am

I love my Anvil Foundry and haven’t brewed on a BrewZilla, but there are a lot of people who do and they seem to be really happy with the system. I think it has some pros over the Anvil Foundry like that it can do pre-programmed mash schedules, but I believe the Foundry holds more accurate temperatures. For like 80 bucks less and the ability to have it now, I’d probably give the BrewZilla a try, honestly. I buy almost all of my stuff from MoreBeer other than what I can get at a LHBS and have always had great experience with them too, so I’d go for it if I were you, especially while it’s on sale.

• Jim

April 14, 2021 at 10:59 am

Unless you’re going to pay $1,000 for a Grainfather or even more for a more professional system, you will have a pretty similar experience between most of the cheaper all in ones out there. The Anvil Foundry is a good system and so is the BrewZilla. They both have their quality problems like anything made in China. Even the Grainfathers have some quality control issues at a much higher price point. You’ll really enjoy electric brewing, whether it’s on an Anvil or on a BrewZilla.

• BrewTogether

Administrator
    April 14, 2021 at 11:04 am

Hi @Peter N

Great question! Like @John and @Jim said, you will likely be very happy with either system. There are some differences in the specifications for each, and there isn’t a very clear winner. The BrewZilla has a few features that beat the Anvil Foundry, but the Anvil wins in a few areas too.

Here’s a comparison of the specifications for those two systems and a couple of others to help you research: https://brewtogether.com/2021/01/11/the-best-electric-all-in-one-brewing-systems/

• Peter

April 14, 2021 at 12:21 pm

Thanks guys! This is helpful. I think I’ll probably get the BrewZilla. I’ll let you know how it turns out!

• Unknown Member

Deleted User
    April 14, 2021 at 7:21 pm

I have a 10.5 Anvil with pump and have converted to 240v…… never used a Brewzilla but based on my Anvil, I would say it’s worth the wait!!!!

😎

• Jack Campbell

April 15, 2021 at 7:36 am

I have a BrewZilla and I really like it. I have a friend with a Foundry and it does seem a little bit higher quality, but I like that everything is built into the BrewZilla and I like the recirculation arm and pump being built in (unless it breaks, then I’ll hate it).