- MemberMarch 21, 2020 at 10:31 pm
What are your favorite hops for brewing a cream ale? I’m looking for something light and simple to brew and have never made a cream ale before.
- MemberMarch 21, 2020 at 10:32 pm
Willamette or Centennial
- MemberMarch 21, 2020 at 10:34 pm
Cluster and Hallertauer
- MemberMarch 21, 2020 at 10:40 pm
EKG, fuggles, or sterling
- AdministratorMarch 21, 2020 at 10:41 pm
Crystal and Mt. Hood are my favorites for a cream ale! Mt. Hood has an awesome lime/fruit aroma.
- MemberMarch 21, 2020 at 10:42 pm
Liberty, but remember that hops aren’t the key feature of a cream ale.
- MemberMarch 21, 2020 at 10:43 pm
I brewed one with cluster recently that turned out pretty good!
- MemberMarch 21, 2020 at 10:44 pm
Google says any Noble hop, but only for bittering. I think there are no flavor or aroma additions for a cream ale.
- MemberMarch 21, 2020 at 10:45 pm
Thanks everyone! I’m going to try Mt. Hood.
- AdministratorMarch 21, 2020 at 10:46 pm
Good luck Jack! Let us know how it turns out!
- MemberSeptember 11, 2021 at 2:14 am
I use Willamette and Crystal in my go to Cream Ale Recipe. I recently made a Cream Ale with Saaz that is Conditioning now.
Find answers, ask questions, and connect with the BrewTogether community around the world!