Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with the BrewTogether community around the world!

Forums Brewing Equipment Forum Beer line won't connect to corny keg

• Beer line won't connect to corny keg

Posted by John on September 13, 2018 at 2:52 pm

I just kegged and pressurized a corny keg of a new IPA that I have in my keezer, but the liquid line will not attach. I have read that this can be an issue of the poppet in the post being stuck, but when I depress the poppet manually I get a nice refreshing beer shower. Even with all of the pressure released from the keg, I can’t get the line to attach. I tested it with my other kegs and it connects fine, so it is definitely an issue with the post or the poppet. Has anyone had this issue? Any idea how to resolve it without having to release the pressure and replace the post on the keg?

thanks!

John replied 5 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • William

October 15, 2018 at 2:30 pm

If you have any keg lube rub some on the ball bearings in the connector and a bit around the gasket on the post.

• Forest

October 15, 2018 at 2:32 pm

Most likely the disconnect was put back together incorrectly. Take it apart and make sure the spring is over the stem. I’ve done it where the spring is to the side and the stem gets jammed.

• Katrina

October 15, 2018 at 2:34 pm

Or did you switch posts the last time you cleaned the keg? They are different. It is also possible the disconnect is worn out, it happens.

• John

Administrator
    October 15, 2018 at 2:35 pm

I think I must have switched the posts when I cleaned it, because I switched them back and everything is working fine now. Such a simple mistake!