When you switch from extract to all grain brewing, you will likely find yourself wondering what to do with all of that spent grain leftover from your brew day. Sure, you could throw it away, but it seems like such a waste! There are a lot of great things you can do with spent grain (like our FAVORITE spent grain pizza dough or these amazing spent grain beer crackers!), but if you’re looking for something sweet, try these delicious spent grain pudding cookies! Check out the video and recipe below to see how to make your own!
You don’t HAVE to join BrewTogether to get these awesome resources, but you totally should anyway! BrewTogether is completely free and our mission is to bring the community of brewers around the world closer together. Join a growing community of awesome homebrewers just like you! Click here to join for free today!
Spent Grain Pudding Cookies Recipe
Ingredients (we have been using Amazon Fresh deliveries to avoid the supermarket):
- 1 box Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup Spent Grain (wet, but squeezed slightly)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Soften butter and begin to mix in stand mixer.
- Slowly add brown sugar, vanilla extract, egg, spent grain, baking soda, salt, pudding mix, and flour, leaving the mixer on.
- Mix until smooth.
- Scoop about 1.5 Tbsp of dough per cookie onto parchment paper or lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Bake 9-10 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy! These delicious cookies pair well with a Breakfast Brown Ale!
Do you make your own spent grain recipes and have any tips to share? Do you have other questions about using spent grain for the BrewTogether Community? Leave a comment below or post in the forums!
Thank you for reading! If you like this article and video, it would mean the world to us if you would share it with your friends using the social media share buttons below.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase after clicking the link, I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!